Carly Faye Foundation Athletic Scholarship
The Purpose of the Carly Faye Athletic Scholarship is to provide a scholarship to a deserving high school graduating senior volleyball player that played with passion, a love for the game and her team, and worked hard on and off the court.
Carly Faye Delong was born on February 4 2002, and from an early age began setting huge goals for herself and then set down a path of hard work and dedication to achieve those goals. No matter the obstacles that were placed in front of her she pushed through with her eyes set firmly on her goals. She first began playing volleyball at the age of 11 when she tried out for her first club team. The passion and love for the sport was immediate! She spent hours learning the game on and off the court, reading, watching videos, and practicing. As with everything she did Carly gave 100% and was determined to be the best she could be.
Carly was diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukemia on new years eve 2016 and passed away from complications of her chemotherapy on September 23 2017 at the age of 15. Through her treatments she continued to be a part of her volleyball team and attend as many practices and events as she could. She was determined to make it back on the court with her team. She never once believed that she would not be here today. She continued to keep her eyes on her goals and fought fearlessly to achieve them. She was an inspiration to all who knew her.
Scholarship Criteria and Eligibility
- Applicant must play volleyball at an Ohio high school or club team.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award.
- Applicant must submit 1 letter of recommendation from a coach.
- Applicant must submit 1 letter of recommendation from a player
- Applicant must submit letter to scholarship committee
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation. One from a volleyball coach, and one from a current volleyball teammate.
- A 1 page letter to the scholarship committee explaining yourself, your volleyball experience, your future goals, and why you are deserving of this scholarship.